Article delegate-en/33 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Different filters for different clients
14 Aug 1998 04:31:58 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

In message <_A32@delegate-en.ML_> on 08/14/98(13:21:29) I wrote:
 |Most typically, when the clients are of HTTP, and if you are going to
 |make filtering/translation to response messages from server to client,
 |we can identify their type by "User-Agent" field in it the request
 |message (if set properly by the client), then apply appropriate filter
 |selected by "CFI script" as follows:

There is another way to select an appropriate filter conditionally
regarding protocol, server, and clients.  This is achieved using
the CMAP parameter.

  CMAP="filter-command:filter-type:protocol:server:client"

A simple example is shown in "http://wall.etl.go.jp/delegate/ssl/":