Article delegate-en/32 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Different filters for different clients
14 Aug 1998 04:21:35 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

you pd4aabdyi-uwzfv3k5eylr.ml@ml.delegate.org (Oliver Hertel) wrote:
 |We try to set up a system of several clients (PalmPilots, Velos,
 |etc.) and one proxy (DeleGate). For each type of client hardware
 |there shall be used a special filter (for filtering incoming
 |webpages), e.g. a special filter for the Pilots, another filter for
 |the Velos etc.

Tell me what kind of client those are and how those can be identified
on IP or application protocol level...  And what kind of filtering
are you going to apply...?

Most typically, when the clients are of HTTP, and if you are going to
make filtering/translation to response messages from server to client,
we can identify their type by "User-Agent" field in it the request
message (if set properly by the client), then apply appropriate filter
selected by "CFI script" as follows:

   [a parameter added to command line arguments]
    FTOCL=/path/of/filter-spec.cfi

   [the content of /pat/of/filter-spec.cfi]
    #!cfi
    Filter: filter-command2