Article delegate-en/3047 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] how to authenticate admins by other means than identd or ftp ?
09 Aug 2005 15:16:36 GMT Armin Wies <p44fqbdyi-5vjbuj5zrptr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
http://freemail.web.de/

Hi,

yet I don't seem to understand how authentication works for DeleGate.

I understand that admins are either authenticated by ident or by a
reverse ftp-connection using the credientials provided by the user.

I have neither identd running (I'm not sure if this is a secure
method) nor do I think that passwords sent over the network using
ftp-connections are a good idea.

Is there a way how I can authenticate admins (using the web-gui
http://mydelegatserver:port/-/admin for a HTTP-server) by ADS,
TACACS+, or maybe system users of mydelegateserver ?

I tried using httpam, but could not get this to work...

Maybe this is trivial, but I have not found out.

Another issue: Is there a way how the admin-gui can be secured using
SSL ? (And to disable http://mydelegatserver:port/-/admin ?)
I don't like anybody sniffing my passwords on unencrypted connections.

Thank you for your help !

Best regards,
Armin
--