Article delegate-en/2984 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Cascading delegate proxy
22 Jun 2005 01:48:58 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you dogbert <pzmdabdyi-xgv6ctn54ptr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I need to create a cascade configuration for my delegated infrastructure.  I have
 |2 networks locate in different buildings connected through a dedicated line.
 |Every network have a local delegate proxy configured to route different
 |protocols (mainly POP3, NNTP, SOCKS, FTP and some TCP-relayed ports).
 |
 |I'd like to have only one delegate to connect to internet (master delegated?),
Here is an example of cascaded DeleGate for HTTP in the reference manual:

<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#serv_HTTP>

> Example: cascaded DeleGate as an HTTP proxy
>
>      firewall% delegated -P8888 SERVER=delegate RELIABLE=internal
>      internal% delegated -P8080 SERVER=http MASTER=firewall:8888

You can share the MASTER-DeleGate (at firewall:8888) by any DeleGates for
any protocols.