Article delegate-en/2970 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: java redirect with AUTHORIZER
06 Jun 2005 00:46:15 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "James Brooks" <ppufqbdyi-e6yeroba2xtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm sorry but I guess I didn't phrase my question correctly.
 |Here is the problem:
 |If I use this command.
 |delegate -f -v -P81 ADMIN="admin@berea.." RELAY=proxy,delegate:*:*:*
 |URICONV=where:any
 |
 |And try the following url:
 |http://www.berea.edu:81/-_-http://firstsearch.oclc.org/done=referer;dbna
 |me=WorldCat;FSIP
 |and after the java redirect it comes back as this:
 |http://www.berea.edu:81/-_-http://www.berea.edu:81/-_-http://firstsearch
 |.oclc.org/WebZ/FSPrefs?entityjsdetect=:javascript=true:screensize=large:
 |sessionid=sp07sw02-43326-e9ijmf2c-500fvk:entitypagenum=1:0
 |
 |Now if you look at the second url you will notice
 |http://www.berea.edu:81/-_-http://www.berea.edu:81/-_-......
 |When the url should have been http://www.berea.edu:81/-_-.....
 |There are two www.berea.edu:81  It seems that when the java script does
 |the redirect that the original url of http://www.berea.edu:81/-_- is
 |posted back to the delegate service.

In general, finding URLs fragmented and scattered in variables or in
constants in JavaScript is not easy or impossible in some cases.
It is impossible to perfectly judge if or not a string or a character
is a part of URL.  So rewriting such URL for MOUNT can never be perfect.
Thus finding and rewriting a URL in a JavaScript can be very heuristic,
so it is difficult to take care a case without testing it by myself.