Article delegate-en/2966 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] generic MOUNT and /-_-URL (Re: delegate running as https service)
02 Jun 2005 23:27:35 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 06/03/05(07:23) you feedback@delegate.. (Yutaka Sato) wrote
in <_A2965@delegate-en.ML_>
 |"/-_-" like "http://delegate/-_-http://www.yahoo.com" is not recommended
 |for practical use because the way of relaying could have inherent technical
 |difficulty and the implementation is not maintained enough.
 |
 |The recommended way is accessing it as "http://delegate/yahoo/" or so by
 |explicitly declaring the rewriting of URL, cookies, authentication, and
 |son on (like a reverse proxy and more) by "MOUNT" parameter as
 |MOUNT="/yahoo/* http://www.yahoo.com/*"

In the current DeleGate, doing explicit MOUNT for each server is the only
way guaranteed to work:

  CMAP=sslway:FSV:https
  MOUNT="/yahoo/*  http://www.yahoo.com/*"
  MOUNT="/att/*   https://www.att.com/*"
  MOUNT="/dg-ftp/*  ftp://ftp.delegate.org/*"

If you have a problem in this way of usage, I think I must fix the problem
as fast as possible.

Other usage of MOUNT, or relaying with "/-_-" (like an implicit automount),
are features which are not guaranteed to work.
For example, you can do generic MOUNTs for arbitrary servers like this:

  MOUNT="/http/*   http://*"
  MOUNT="/https/* https://*"
  MOUNT="/ftp/*     ftp://*"

With the set of MOUNTs, you can access arbitrary servers like
http://delegate/http/www.yahoo.com/, http://delegate/https/www.att.com/ and
http://delegate/ftp/ftp.delegate.org.
MOUNTs like above, which does mapping URL "protocolname://hostname/urlpath" to

  "http://DeleGate/protocolname/hostname/urlpath"

can be represented in a single, the most generic MOUNT like this:

  MOUNT="/* *"

If necessary, you can insert a Prefix before URL like this:

  "http://DeleGate/Prefix/protocolname/hostname/urlpath"

And when the Prefix string is "-_-" like this:

  MOUNT="/-_-* *"

it works like proxying by implicit automount (by RELAY="delegate").  But it
does more thing than the implicit one because it is MOUNTed explicitly.