Article delegate-en/2965 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate running as https service
02 Jun 2005 22:23:34 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "James Brooks" <ppufqbdyi-aipiirbl27tr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |The patch worked great for https://delegate:81/-_-https://www.att.com
 |Thanks for the help.  But as a side note, the patch does not work for
 |all https sites.  For example we use apache as a front-end proxy server
 |for our internal web mail servers (which are all M$ exchange) and if I
 |try to use delegate in place of the apache as a reverse proxy it fails
 |right after the login. We use the apache as a DMZ http mail proxy server
 |so that users can't try to hack our mail servers. Anyway I thought this
 |might be a problem with any https servers that requires some form of
 |authentication, so I tried http://www.hotmail.com and
 |http://mail.yahoo.com they all seem to have the same problem. No big
 |deal since my goal was not to replace the apache proxy, I just thought
 |you might like to know.

I don't know what is the problem but I should say that the relaying with
"/-_-" like "http://delegate/-_-http://www.yahoo.com" is not recommended
for practical use because the way of relaying could have inherent technical
difficulty and the implementation is not maintained enough.

The recommended way is accessing it as "http://delegate/yahoo/" or so by
explicitly declaring the rewriting of URL, cookies, authentication, and
son on (like a reverse proxy and more) by "MOUNT" parameter as
MOUNT="/yahoo/* http://www.yahoo.com/*"