Article delegate-en/2963 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate running as https service
02 Jun 2005 12:16:15 GMT "James Brooks" <ppufqbdyi-a3dey5mhvelr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

The patch worked great for https://delegate:81/-_-https://www.att.com
Thanks for the help.  But as a side note, the patch does not work for
all https sites.  For example we use apache as a front-end proxy server
for our internal web mail servers (which are all M$ exchange) and if I
try to use delegate in place of the apache as a reverse proxy it fails
right after the login. We use the apache as a DMZ http mail proxy server
so that users can't try to hack our mail servers. Anyway I thought this
might be a problem with any https servers that requires some form of
authentication, so I tried http://www.hotmail.com and
http://mail.yahoo.com they all seem to have the same problem. No big
deal since my goal was not to replace the apache proxy, I just thought
you might like to know.

Thanks for the great product. We are going to implement your delegate
service on our library site for remote access to offsite library sites
that requires our users to have one of our IP addresses. Delegate will
replace our current ezproxy server that we have been using. I would like
to commend you on your quick responses to my questions. We have had
ezproxy for over 3 years and never got quick responses from them.

Again, many thanks for your help.