Article delegate-en/2950 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] delegate running as https service
01 Jun 2005 21:23:40 GMT "James Brooks" <ppufqbdyi-xg5asega4ulr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I have a question about using delegate as a reverse proxy with ftp auth
and https.
Here is the setup...

I have a web page https://www.test.com and on this web page is a link to
be passed to the delegate service. Here is the link
https://delegate:81/-_-http://www.google.com

Now here is the problem.  I have enabled AUTHORIZER=ftp.test.com/21  now
with this setting delegate works fine as a like of
http://delegate:81/-_-http://www.google.com  and the user enters in
their username and password.  All works fine, but the user name and
password is sent clear text from their browser to the delegate service
and then on to the ftp server.  How do I get delegate to work with
https://delegate:81/-_-http://www.google.com and not
http://delegate:81/-_-http://www.google.com  ?

I don't care if the delegate service is sending the username and
password back to the ftp server as clear text, but I do care that the
browser is sending the username and password in clear text to the
delegate service. Is there a way around this?  I do have versign ssl
keys for our web site.

James Brooks
1-859-985-3413
Network Engineer