Article delegate-en/2946 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: CAN'T INSTALL AS A SERVICE ON WINDOWS NT
18 May 2005 14:13:29 GMT "Salvatore Tarallo \(starallo\)" <prafabdyi-xgv6ctlt4ptr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Sorted out, thanks again Yutaka.

sal

-----Original Message-----
From: Yutaka Sato [mailto:feedback@delegate.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 10:39 PM
To: feedback@delegate.org
Cc: Salvatore Tarallo (starallo)
Subject: Re: [DeleGate-En] CAN'T INSTALL AS A SERVICE ON WINDOWS NT

On 02/25/05(22:57) you "Salvatore Tarallo \(starallo\)"
<starallo@cisco..> wrote in
<_A2844@delegate-en.ML_>
 |after messing with the registry, I can't install again delegate as a
|service.

What do you mean by "messing with the registry" ?

 |When executing from the CLI dg.exe -P8080 I'm first notified that the
|service already exists (even if theres no entry in the registry) asked
|if I want to remove the service and when I answer yes, it returns an
|"Error could not delete the service"
 |What can I do to fix it ?

I feel I saw such situation...
I saw it when I started DeleGate while I'm opening a "Service"
management window.  After exited the "Service" tool, the deletion
succeeded...

 |I've already tried creating a new service on a different port

Did the new service work ?

 |and then
 |create a duplicate entry in the registry with the 8080 port, removing
|all the etc directories to no avail.

I don't think just copying registry is enough to make a service.
How about trying this? 1) stop the DeleGate service using "Service"
tool,
2) exit the "Service" tool, 3) start DeleGate.