Article delegate-en/2830 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: POP3 SSL and SMTP-Auth
08 Feb 2005 11:58:39 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 02/04/05(19:53) you =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tom=E1s_Silva?= <pbifqbdyi-fjxi26au6qlr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2826@delegate-en.ML_>
 |The company i work for has been using delegate for a long time now.
 |We use it as a POP3, SMTP and Socks proxy. Our ISP is changing the e-mail services to protected ones as POP3 SSL and SMTP-Auth, what i want to know is if i have any way of using delegate with this protocols. What should i do ?
 |
 |My POP3 (SSL) port will be 995 and the SMTP-Auth url will be smtpa.netcabo.pt.

To make a gateway from POP client to POP3S server, do as this:

  SERVER=pop3s://pop-server FSV=sslway

You need SSLway installed as in <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/ssl/>

To let a SMTP-DeleGate do SMTP-Auth, use MYAUTH parameter to send an
authentication information toward the server:

  SERVER=smtp://smpt-server MYAUTH=username:password