Article delegate-en/2764 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Building Delegate 8.10.0 Beta in OS/2
11 Oct 2004 19:09:49 GMT pzmbabdyi-rn3efjjwyhtr.ml@ml.delegate.org

> Hi,

<snip>

> I have resigned myself that DeleGate will not work on OS/2 after 9.10.0 :p

I'm sure both users of Delegate in OS/2 will be unhappy when that happens.

Still, Mozilla builds and runs on OS/2 - it needs a more advanced development
environment that what I'm using for Delegate, though.  Perhaps when the time
comes, we can maintain support for Delegate by changing the OS/2 development
environment (compiler, linker, etc) supported.

<more snips>

> Files with name starting with "_-" means that "it might be used if it can be
> compiled sucessfully", thus the failure is not problem.

Ahhh, I see.  The entire mkmk/maker/etc multiplatform build process you use for
Delegate is not something I understand fully, because mostly it Just Works, so
I don't have to fix it. Thanks for the explanation.

Is this process documented anywhere?

> I uploaded the current snapshot as 8.10.1-pre1 at
> ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/beta/ directory, including fixes you
> noted.  Thank you.

And I've downloaded and built it, with no problems.  Of course, that's what we
both expected, but it's good to be sure.

And thank you very much for your continued support.

> Cheers,
> Yutaka
> --
>   D G   Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://delegate.org/y.sato/
>  ( - )  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology

|  Derek J Decker        pzmbabdyi-rn3efjjwyhtr.ml@ml.delegate.org            Decker Automation    |
|                     Tel/Fax: 000/000-0006          585 Winterhill Lane  |
|              http://DeckerAutomation.myiglou.com   Lexington, KY 40509  |