Article delegate-en/24 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate and Mail
10 Aug 1998 21:09:20 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

In message <_A23@delegate-en.ML_>
on 08/11/98(05:33:56)
you "Julie Schenck" <pbaaabdyi-ytjem43ngilr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |	I have a situation where an external office needs to get mail from the
 |internal server. The employees connect to a ISP and then telnet through the
 |firewall. The question that I need answered is , would it be possible to
 |have mail go through the firewall from the server and to their PC through MS
 |Exchange or Netscape?

Generally, you can use SERVER="tcprelay://host:port" for any application
protocol, if the target server is bound to the one at "host:port",
to transparently relay the protocol (CHARCODE conversion can be used),
applying access control based on client's host using RELIABLE or PERMIT.

If your requirement is to pass POP protocol through the firewall, and you
have several POP servers in the firewall, use DeleGate with SERVER="pop"
and specify "user@host" as a login name on POP.