Article delegate-en/2358 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: transparent POP3 proxy forwarding without the user@host
25 Jul 2003 21:33:21 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/27/03(15:31) you Edwin Groothuis <pw4dqbdyi-ytjem465gilr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2311@delegate-en.ML_>
 |This will cause people who authenticate with "USER blaat" to be
 |connected to their remote host as user "blaat", even when they don't
 |have used "USER blaat@remotehost".

Can't you do it with MOUNT="* pop://=/*" ?

 |ps. do you have intentions of ever replacing all the strcpy()/sprintf()s
 |    with strncpy() and snprintf()s?

At least in the series of the current implementation of DeleGate, I'll not
use a function if it might not be portable for platforms which have been
supported by existing versions of DeleGate.  For users who are afraid of
buffer overflow of DeleGate, I've recommended using Boundary Checking Gcc.
It will stop the fear of overflow with negligible overhead.
<URL:http://www.delegate.org:80/mail-lists/delegate-en/1531>.