Article delegate-en/2355 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: client needs to make request to https://
24 Jul 2003 20:34:46 GMT "J. T. Fuller" <pf4eqbdyi-re5dixvbmxtr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yatuka,

Thank you so much for your reply.

You are correct that I need DeleGate to work as an origin HTTPS server, but
I am still having problems.

I have in my \delegate\lib\ directory, cerver.crt, cerver.key,
server-cert.pem, server-key.pem, and sslway.exe.

Currently, I am using:

dg8_6_0 -vd -P443 FCL=sslway SERVER="https" PERMIT="*:*:*" MOUNT="/*
http://test.mydexa.com/jim.htm*" ADMIN=root DGROOT="e:\delegate\files"

This works if I use http://192.23.89.109:443 to make the request.
This does not work if I use https://192.23.92.109 or https://192.23.89.109:443

I have also used:

dg8_6_0 -vd -P80 FCL=sslway SERVER="https" PERMIT="*:*:*" MOUNT="/*
http://test.mydexa.com/jim.htm*" ADMIN=root DGROOT="e:\delegate\files"

This works if I use http://192.23.89.109
This does not work if I sue https://192.23.89.109

The error generated is a "Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer"

Any further direction that you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for you help,

J. T. Fuller

At 06:00 AM 7/24/2003 +0900, you wrote:
>In message <_A2351@delegate-en.ML_>
>on 07/24/03(02:30:12) you "J. T. Fuller" <pf4eqbdyi-re5dixvbmxtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
>  |When I make the request using http://, everything works fine, it will even
>  |pass the request through to the destination using https://, but when I
> make
>  |a request to Delegate using https:// in the browser, Delegate does not
>  |catch the request.  How do I make this happen?  I have tried every
>  |combination possible, that I know of, using the admin guide and have come
>  |up empty handed.
>
>Sorry but I'm not sure what you need and what you did. Possibly, you need
>DeleGate to work an origin HTTPS server rather than a HTTP proxy.  If so,
>the necessary parameters are SERVER="https" and FCL="sslway" with the sslway
>program and certificates installed appropriately.
>See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/ssl/>
>
>Cheers,
>Yutaka
>--
>   @ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/
>  ( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
> (AIST)
>_<   >_ 1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan
>Do the more with the less -- B. Fuller

J. T. Fuller
Design Engineer
Schlumberger Network and Infrastructure