Article delegate-en/2316 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Help: I need correct parameters for DeleGate
01 Jul 2003 22:27:38 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/30/03(22:46) you "Holger Schentke" <pbmeqbdyi-xg5asefpmulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2315@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I'm using DeleGate 7.9.5 on Windows2000.
 |It works fine, but I need a parameter to enable encoding from proxy to server.
 |You wrote in the manual on page 39 something about HTTPCONF.
 |It seems so that this is the parameter I do need.
 |So I added the parameter "HTTPCONF=acc-encoding:-thrugzip" to the service in the
 |registry.

Accepting gzip from server was supported in DeleGate/8.0.8 and several
bugs have been fixed till the current version.  So you should use the
latest version.

 |====================
 |ADMIN="organisation@ssk-du..de" SERVER=http -vv -P8082 MOUNT="/*
 |https://wpdirect.westlb.sko.de/*" DGROOT="c:\SSLWPS" FSV="sslway -cert
 |WPSZertifikat.pem -pass pass:WPSZertifikat" SSLTUNNEL=18.121.40.2:8008
 |HOSTS=wpdirect.westlb.sko.de/213.1.131.21 HTTPCONF=acc-encoding:-thrugzip
 |
 |But this configuration doesn't work.
 |It produces the following error "FATAL! No DGROOT!" when starting the service.

Where the error message is put? Is not there more information around
the message?

 |So I deleted the parameter "HTTPCONF=acc-encoding:-thrugzip" and the proxy works
 |fine!
 |
 |Can you tell me the correct parameter for DeleGate 7.9.5 to enable encoding with
 |GZIP?
 |When the parameter is different to DeleGate 8.5 please give me this parameter
 |too.

Read the file "README.7-8" enclosed in DeleGate/8.X which describes the
incompatibility of DeleGate/8 from DeleGate/7.
<URL:ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/README.7-8>
At a glance I think your configuration does not include parameters affected
by the incompatibilities.