Article delegate-en/2293 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: LDAP chaining using DeleGate possible?
17 Jun 2003 21:12:45 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/18/03(02:02) you Steven Ng <p6meabdyi-uwzfv3jdeylr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2291@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I'm trying to get Delegate to act as a "standard" LDAP
 |proxy for 2
 |Active Directory servers.  Basically, to my LDAP
 |client, it would just talk
 |to the DeleGate server while the DeleGate server will
 |check with Active
 |Directory (1) and if not successful ie. object not
 |found etc., will
 |then go on to try Active Directory (2).

If those LDAP servers have different sets of base objects each other,
you can do it like the example in
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#serv_LDAP>

 > Example: LDAP gateway
 >   # delegated -P389 SERVER=ldap \
 >         MOUNT="o=xxx* ldap://aaa.domain nocase" \
 >         MOUNT="o=yyy* ldap://bbb.domain nocase"
 >
 >   Search requests on base directory named "o=xxx..." sent to this
 >   LDAP-DeleGate is forwarded to the LDAP-server "ldap://aaa.domain".

Otherwise it is not supported to get a search result from multiple LDAP
servers, in the current implementation.  But I feel it is an interesting
application of LDAP-DeleGate.
It seems not difficult to try secondary server when primary server
returns a empty result.  Also merging search results from multiple servers
seems not difficult.