Article delegate-en/2292 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTP mediation
17 Jun 2003 20:04:38 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 05/27/03(23:46) you "Ng S. T. Chong" <p2ieabdyi-znqnbun5oylr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2258@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Further to my colleague's message, I found the following error message
 |in the log while visiting www.microsft.com:
 |
 |... [27/May/2003:22:57:56 +0900] "GET
 |http://library/flyoutmenu/default.htc HTTP/1.1" 500 0 0*0.000+0.000:C:2+
 |
 |I started up DELEGATE with the following configuration:
 |
 |./delegated SERVER=http -P80 PERMIT="*:*:*" MOUNT="/* http://*" -v -f
 |
 |It appears that DELEGATE cannot handle relative links.  I would
 |appreciate it if you could shed some light on the problem we have
 |encountered.
 |
 |Similar problems can be found with the following two sites:
 |www.sgi.com
 |www.upenn.edu

Thanks for showing the testable examples.  To realize the mapping of URL,
DeleGate rewrites URLs appear in fields in HTTP header or tags in HTML body.
Other URLs appear in other contexts are not cared, and will break the
mapping if included.

Since it is difficult or impossible to completely detect where URLs are
contained in other context like JavaScript, I have thought it should not
be cared.
But from my technical interest, I made a experiment to apply MOUNT for
these sites.

As long as I noticed, these sites includes URLs in
- style sheet in text/css response
  or in STYLE tag as <STYLE>...</STYLE>
  or in STYLE attribute as <tag STYLE=...>
- JavaScript in application/x-javascript, text/x-component, text/javascript
  or in SCRIPT tag as <SCRIPT>...</SCRIPT>
  or in attribute value
- value attribute in OPTION tag

I feel rewriting URLs in style sheets might be supported, but in other
context should not or should be optional.
Anyway I uploaded the experiment version to
<URL:ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/delegate8.6.0-snap03061804.tar.gz>