Article delegate-en/2287 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: trying to setup delegate as socksv5 proxy
11 Jun 2003 18:59:09 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/11/03(19:05) you "Mike Partridge" <p5ueabdyi-znqnbuinoylr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2285@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I want to use delegate as a socksv5 proxy with username/password
 |authentication. I've used the following command:
 |../delegated -v -P8080 SERVER=socks AUTHORIZER=-localhost

Usually the port number 8080 is used for HTTP proxy, and the standard
port number of SOCKS protocol is 1080.

 |and try to connect using user/pass mtest/testpass, but I get the error
 |"unable to connect to firewall". What am I doing wrong? Thanks in
 |advance.

What the DeleGate put to the consolse when the error occurred?
What program say so, "unable to connect to firewall"?  The message
seems not to show the authentication error but connection level error.