Article delegate-en/2283 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: any ip address via proxy server
06 Jun 2003 07:25:27 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/06/03(10:43) you sn <p5eeabdyi-re5dixw3ohtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2281@delegate-en.ML_>
 | so if my ip for the gateway server  is 192.168.0.1
 |netmask is 255.255.255.0
 | then the notebook sure cannot go through the internet
 |via this gateway
 |(since their are not in the same ip network )
 |how does the client a and b to go through the gateway
 |without enable their
 |dhcp client or change their ip to the same network as
 |the gateway A

Proxy servers like DeleGate are working in the application layer
thus will not work without the IP layer reacheability to/from client.