Article delegate-en/192 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Fatal Error in Win95 version of 5.8.5
01 Jan 1999 05:34:07 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

In message <_A191@delegate-en.ML_>
on 01/01/99(13:54:39)
you Mark Peacock <px4aabdyi-e6yerogm2xtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm trying to run DeleGate as a simple HTTP proxy in Win95.  I start
 |DeleGate using the following command:
 |     delegate -P80 SERVER=http
 |
 |DeleGate initializes and issues a series of messages.  However, when
 |a client using Netscape configured to hit an http proxy at port 80
 |tries to access the Internet through DeleGate, DeleGate issues the
 |following errors:
 |     FATAL: inherited handle[2] 21 is not a socket
 |
 |Any thoughts as to the cause?

Tell me which version of DeleGate are you testing, and where and
how did you get the executalbe file.  Since there seems to be at
least thousands of DeleGate users on Win95 today, I cannot readily
believe that such an essential bug remains not discovered by anyone
in the latest versions at ftp://ftp.etl.go.jp/pub/DeleGate/bin/windows/