Article delegate-en/19 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Help with unusual NNTP setup
09 Aug 1998 01:31:41 GMT plqoabth4-xg5asega4ulr.ml@ml.delegate.org (Joe George)

Hello!

I'm sorry to trouble everyone but I have a problem and I don't know how to
address it.

I am trying to use DeleGate on a WindowsNT workstation to do JIS character
conversion for Forte Agent (NNTP), so I can read Japanese newsgroups with
Agent.

I know I have DeleGate working with one NNTP server which I've been testing
with, but the server I would prefer to use requires a userid and password for
authentication.

I need to send the commands:
AUTHINFO USER userxxxx
AUTHINFO PASS passxxxx

to the NNTP host before I can retrieve any articles. I can't seem to find a
way to get DeleGate to do this when it connects to the server.

Is there a way I can make this work?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Joe George (plqoabth4-xg5asega4ulr.ml@ml.delegate.org)