Article delegate-en/1871 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to access https server through NAT? why using port 137?
04 Sep 2002 15:43:12 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 09/04/02(23:28) you "Lynn Lantz" <puidabdyi-rn3efjmgyhtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1870@delegate-en.ML_>
 |		||Who do you mean by "you" ?  I don't know a situation
 |with such problems
 |		||when accessing to a HTTPS server.
 |		Sorry - I didn't mean for my language to sound
 |offensive.  What I meant by "you" was the Delegate program.  Our
 |firewall logs show that Delegate is sending a UDP packet to port 137 of
 |the server I am trying to send https GET request to. And then we see
 |that server trying to ping us back.  Why?  I didn't think that was any
 |part of the https specifications.

I don't know why too.  DeleGate itself never use 137 port (NETBIOS Name
Service).  The code of DeleGate is almost common among platforms (Unix,
Win, OS/2, MacOSX), and such Win specific port or protocol is not cared.
But it is running on WinSock like other applications, thus NETBIOS might
be called via WinSock.  It might be called on name resolution.  If it's
the case, suppressing the name resolution via WinSock might stop the
problem.  Try following parameters.

  RESOLV="dns"
  RES_NS=yourDnsServer

Also the problem might cease by disabling NetBIOS (?) on your host.
If the problem occurs only when DeleGate access to a host with FSV=sslway,
possibly SSLeay library might care the NetBIOS, but it's almost black-box
for me.