Article delegate-en/1866 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to access https server through NAT? why using port 137?
04 Sep 2002 00:19:24 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 09/04/02(06:58) you "Lynn Lantz" <puidabdyi-re5dixubuhtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1865@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I'm trying to access a https server where my internal address is getting
 |translated by a network address/port translator before going out to the
 |Internet.
 |Why are you sending a UDP request to port 137?
 |Why is the https server trying to ping you back?  The firewall does not
 |allow incoming ping requests to any address.
 |Are you sending the internal IP address out to the server?  This is an
 |internal/hidden address and should not go out over the Internet.

Who do you mean by "you" ?  I don't know a situation with such problems
when accessing to a HTTPS server.

 |Any ideas on how to get Delegate to work in this situation?  Thanks for
 |any help on this.

Any HTTP proxy including DeleGate will work as a HTTPS proxy without
such problems.