Article delegate-en/1862 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: ftp no data received
31 Aug 2002 08:43:31 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 08/30/02(20:29) you "Brunet, Christophe" <piadqbdyi-rcweveeboulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1859@delegate-en.ML_>
 |	Thanks for your reply but i have on think bothering me.
 |	The case not working sample is an aix ftp client that by default run
 |Active FTP but is capable of doing passive.
 |	What i see in doing traces is that is seems to be the Delegate
 |server that Force "Translate to PASV",

FTPCONF=nopasv or FTPCONF=nopasv:sv will stop the translation, and
"Translate to PASV" will disappear.  But I suppose the problem will
not cease because the problem is independent of the translation.

 |	but then the firewall rejects this as it was not a client request ?

I don't know where your firewall is, but anyway if or not DeleGate
did translate will not be sensed by a firewall.

(0) without translation
    client ---- DeleGate ---- server
           PASV          PASV

(1) without translation (FTPCONF=nopasv:sv)
    client ---- DeleGate ---- server
           PORT          PORT

(2) with translation
    client ---- DeleGate ---- server
           PORT          PASV

(3) with translation (FTPCONF=nopasv:sv)
    client ---- DeleGate ---- server
           PASV          PORT