Article delegate-en/17 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: sslway accept failed
08 Aug 1998 07:25:09 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

you Thomas Stolzenberger <pcaaabdyi-ytjem45dgilr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I am having a problem running your "delegated" generic HTTP Proxy with
 |SSL encryption via SSLeay.
 |On the command line of the PROXY/HTTP host the following message appears
 |if the https connection is done and I have
 |entered my PASSPHRASE for sslway:
 |
 |    accept failed.
 |I am using now SSLeay 0.9.0b and delegated 5.6.0. For compiling of
 |SSLWAY, I changed Makefile.go to use
 |the libraries libssl.a and libcrypto.a .

Please show me more information about:

 1) The log of DeleGate and SSLway around the failure
 2) The version of your Netscape Navigator

the key-length should be 512 bits which is originally 1024 bits
by default.

  [ssleay.cnf]
  default_bits = 512

http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/archive/delegate/6712
http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/archive/delegate/6723
http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/archive/delegate/6731

 |The following scenario takes place. A  Netscape Navigator on
 |the SSL-Client (Linux) is
 |connecting to the Delegated SSL Proxy (Linux) in the following
 |way, which masks a HTTP server on the PROXY Server with Delegated SSL.
 |The following command is started on the
 |proxy:
 |
 |    delegated -v -P8080 FCL="sslway -ac" SERVER=https MOUNT="/*
 |http://localhost/*"

You may need one more parameter

  REMITTABLE=http

to be added to your command line.