Article delegate-en/1692 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate: nntp server to http client
15 Jun 2002 14:54:54 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 06/12/02(23:25) you Brian Vaughan <psydabdyi-uwzfv3k5eylr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1688@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Thanks for your response.  This is the result:
 |
 |  telnet web.fame.com 119
 |Trying 192.88.65.56...
 |Connected to web.
 |Escape character is '^]'.
 |200 web.fame.com Netscape-Collabra/3.52 17222 NNRP ready (posting ok).
 |LIST ACTIVE fame.energy.applications
 |215 Newsgroups in form "group high low flags".
 |fame.energy.applications 0000000006 0000000001 y
 |.
 |GROUP fame.energy.applications
 |211 6 1 6 fame.energy.applications
 |quit
 |205
 |Connection closed by foreign host.

Did you tested it from the host of DeleGate?  Nothing seems bad
in the result.  But a possible situation is that your DeleGate's
host can get LIST from the server, while are prohibited to do GROUP.

 |>  |Delegate starts fine, and allows me to start browsing the news group
 |>  |hierarchy with a web browser. However, all the newsgroups appear empty in
 |>  |the browser, while a news client connected directly to the news server

How the group "fame.energy.applications" is listed in the parent
directory (fame.energy)?  Since you can reach the group, I think
it is listed like:

 00000006 / 00001 applications/

These numbers are got by the LIST command.

 |>  |Article fame.energy.applications/1 of [0-0] on the server web.fame.com:119

This active article range "[0-0]", which is expected to be "[1-6]",
is got by the GROUP command.
Running your DeleGate with the following parameter will record the
whole communication with your NNTP server into your LOGFILE, which
will be helpful to solve the situation.

  FSV=-tee-n-l