Article delegate-en/1690 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En]
13 Jun 2002 03:17:56 GMT ptidabdyi-znqnbuodoylr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Dear Sir,

    I run Delegate/7.9.5 as a SOCKS5 proxy for the use of ICQ connection in
my network, and The following is my configuration:

/usr/local/delegate/src/delegated -P61.20.0.5:1080
ADMIN=allen@idv..tw <mailto:ADMIN=allen@idv..tw>
SERVER=socks SOCKS="61.20.0.5:1080:!.localnet" LOGDIR=/var/log
LOGFILE=delegate.log &

Here I got a problem -- I can not pass the login authentication to ICQ
server(Listen UDP server:8000) (it always failed of timeout) by using SOCKS5
proxy, but if my host directly connects to the remote ICQ server and pass
the login authentication and then I change the connection by using the proxy
server, it works for both way communication (chatting).  I've tested for a
long time and no any policy issue of firewall.  I know that I may missed
some point regarding configuration; however, I have no idea why the proxy
can not pass the authenticatio info to server that I typed.

Your great help is highly appreciated

Allen Lin
Technology Dept
TEL:    29507471
FAX:    29507599
Mobile: 0000000007
Email:  ptidabdyi-znqnbuodoylr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Far EasTone Telecommunications, its subsidiaries and affiliates may review
and retain incoming and outgoing electronic mail for this e-mail address
for quality assurance and regulatory compliance purposes. The
confidentiality of internet e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Your transmission
of electronic mail to this address represents your consent to two-way
communication by internet e-mail.