Article delegate-en/1588 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: protocol mismatch
27 Mar 2002 20:37:02 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/27/02(19:23) =?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Michel=20Ferreira?= <pgidabdyi-t7hpmu76r5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1586@delegate-en.ML_>
 |we are using delegate 7.7.1, as a http proxy (port
 |3128) and a ftp proxy (port 3129) on the same server.
 |
 |In a nescape browser, when i click on a link to
 |download something, i've got this error message :
 |
 |*** Protocol Mismatch ***
 |You are accessing this DeleGate server
 |172.120.24.14:3129
 |from a client software of HTTP protocol.
 |But this DeleGate is for clients of ftp protocol.
 |If you intend to contol this DeleGate server, see
 |here.
 |
 |What can it be wrong ? is it not possible to download
 |by this way ?

Use the HTTP proxy for FTP proxy in your browser, as Martin said.
It is the proxy to transfer FTP over HTTP, mediating between a FTP
server and a HTTP client (browser).

On 03/27/02(20:56) Manuel Martin <pdmdabdyi-t7hpmu76r5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1587@delegate-en.ML_>