Article delegate-en/158 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: user authentication
05 Dec 1998 07:44:01 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato 佐藤豊)

On 10/28/98(23:58) you Vincent Tam <preaabdyi-hhkpukxzzulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A137@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Is it possible to setup delegate HTTP proxy to send a HTTP user
 |authentication request to the
 |browser before it read the proxy URL submit from the browser?

It is not possible by principle because the HTTP is a protocol which
is formed as a pair of two messages, a request message from a client
then a response message from a server.
I think I might be able to give something useful answer for your
question if you show the reason why you think such function is
necessary  (some parameters of DeleGate like AUTH might be useful)