Article delegate-en/1489 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Problem with ROUTE in Delegate FTP-Proxy
16 Jan 2002 10:35:05 GMT "Thilo Hilpert" <p2ecqbdyi-hhkpuksjzulr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

I want to use a ROUTE command in our FTP-Proxy run by delegate to redirect our local users direct to our FTP server.
This is done because the ftp server name they use runs over a NAT translation.

I used the command: ROUTE="ftp://direct-IP:21/-_-{NAT-name:21}:our_local_net"

Everything works fine, exept our FTP Server receives login attempts with "user@NAT-name" instead of only "user".
For me it looks like delegate thinks the forwarding (or routing) is towards a proxy server and not a bare ftp-server.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to redirect a certain name towards another name which is a bare ftp-server?

Thanks in advance and many thanks for your great product, which helped us a lot!

Kind regards,

Thilo Hilpert

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thilo Hilpert (p2ecqbdyi-hhkpuksjzulr.ml@ml.delegate.org)
Institut für Werkstoffe der Elektrotechnik