Article delegate-en/1451 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Hotmail with Outlook Express Client
22 Dec 2001 10:46:41 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 12/22/01(19:14) I wrote in <_A1450@delegate-en.ML_>
 |On 12/21/01(23:53) you "pvecqbdyi-5bnwhwgjselr.ml@ml.delegate.org" <pvecqbdyi-5bnwhwgjselr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
 |in <_A1449@delegate-en.ML_>
 | |I am using the delegate proxy with W2K and am extremely satisfied so far. Here is how I managed to get hotmail working using the Outlook Express email client:
 | |
 | |HTTPCONF=methods:+,PROPFIND,MOVE,BDELETE,BMOVE,MKCOL
 | |
 | |MSN Messenger has me stumped. Have you or any other user found a way to enable MSN Messenger 4.5?
 |
 |Sorry but I don't have any knowledge nor experience with MSN Messenger.

Now I've become a little experienced with MSN Messenger :)

 |You seems to make DeleGate as a HTTP proxy work as a gateway for MSN
 |Messenger, but I feel using DeleGate as a Socks proxy might be easier
 |and promising because Socks protocol can convey any application protocol
 |on TCP independently from any protocol and message types on the protocol.
 |Using DeleGate as a Socks proxy is easy, basically like:
 |
 |   delegated -P1080 SERVER=socks
 |
 |and MSN Messenger seems to support Socks, at least in its version 4.6.

I confirmed that using Socks-DeleGate like above works to relay MSN M.
I needed to change the proxy setting for MSIE too, to do something
like "Go to Chat Rooms".

Also I saw using HTTP-DeleGate with the option "HTTPCONF=ver:1.0"
works too, even without any "HTTPCONF=methods:..." option.
It seems that MSN M. uses only standard methods (like POST) but
its usage of HTTP version 1.1 could be bad.  For example, it send
a broken message like "POST url HTTP/1.1 HTTP/1.1" ;)