Article delegate-en/1450 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Hotmail with Outlook Express Client
22 Dec 2001 10:14:01 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 12/21/01(23:53) you "pvecqbdyi-xg5asefpmulr.ml@ml.delegate.org" <pvecqbdyi-xg5asefpmulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1449@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I am using the delegate proxy with W2K and am extremely satisfied so far. Here is how I managed to get hotmail working using the Outlook Express email client:
 |
 |HTTPCONF=methods:+,PROPFIND,MOVE,BDELETE,BMOVE,MKCOL
 |
 |MSN Messenger has me stumped. Have you or any other user found a way to enable MSN Messenger 4.5?

Sorry but I don't have any knowledge nor experience with MSN Messenger.
You seems to make DeleGate as a HTTP proxy work as a gateway for MSN
Messenger, but I feel using DeleGate as a Socks proxy might be easier
and promising because Socks protocol can convey any application protocol
on TCP independently from any protocol and message types on the protocol.
Using DeleGate as a Socks proxy is easy, basically like:

   delegated -P1080 SERVER=socks

and MSN Messenger seems to support Socks, at least in its version 4.6.