Article delegate-en/1438 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Ftp server, "220 line command" and buildin -sed filter
26 Nov 2001 23:03:40 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 11/27/01(06:46) you Damien <ptucqbdyi-e6yerobmrylr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1437@delegate-en.ML_>
 |  I try to build a ftp server like this :
 |
 |  delegate -P21 SERVER="ftp://test:test@test.."
 |
 |  But when client connect to my server, they see comment about the
 |  connection with the server test.com like this :
 |
 |Connected to myserver Port 21
 |220-- OPEN for test@test..
 |220- Test SERVER
 |331- Password required for test.
 |230- User Test logged in.
 |220--  @ @
 |220  \( - )/ -- { connected to `test.com' }
 |  So the client of my server see that they are connected to server
 |  test.com with username test. I don't want that they can see this
 |  information. How can I do this ?

Customizing response messages should be done by "MOUNT" for
definitions of built-in messages in general, but it is not
supported yet in this case.  Generic option to hide real name of
target server should be supported, but it's unsupported yet too.

 |  I think to delete all line beginning by a "220".

Deleting all of those lines will destroy the FTP protocol.

 |  Is there another soltuion ?

You can hide the real name by giving an local alias for the host,
"FtpServer" as an example, like follows:

SERVER="ftp://test:test@FtpServer" HOSTS={FtpServer,test.com}