Article delegate-en/1427 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: LDAP authentication for ftp proxy
19 Nov 2001 15:19:16 GMT ppmcabdyi-5vjbuj7frptr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Example (at my organization):
1. We have two different autentification domains - Novell and Windows.
One thing where it intersect - LDAP mechanism.
2. We don't need ftp service on Novell and need autentificate users to
access to Internet.

The same way as ftp auth, I think - bind/unbind request.

Another thing annoying to me from Delegate - leak of good ACL mechanism.
Reliable/permit too simple for real tasks of complex network.
(Maybe I don't understand HOW do it, but now I choose between Squid and
Delegate and can't remove Squid from cache chain).

These two themes bind one to other. Maybe you implement some mechanisms?

WBW,  Vadim Mironov