Article delegate-en/14 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] compiler warnings
08 Aug 1998 00:17:52 GMT "Horia Georgescu" <pbyaabdyi-xg5asefpmulr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi, as advised, I'm posting these questions to the list:
I'm compiling DeleGate  on an old 486 machine, running a Linux 2.028, which
I plan to use for testing.

The question: I see lots of messages like the following:
smtpgate.c:1298: warning: `tobe_rejected' was declared implicitly `extern'
and later `static'
smtpgate.c:1362: warning: `setFilter' was declared implicitly `extern' and
later `static'
cc -O  -I../include -c  alias.c
cc -O  -I../include -c  domain.c
cc -O  -I../include -c  sh.c
sh.c: In function `service_sh':
sh.c:31: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
cc -O  -I../include -c  nsh.c
cc -O  -I../include -c  pgps.c
pgps.c:118: warning: `respGET' was declared implicitly `extern' and later
`static'
cc -O  -I../include -c  socks4.c \

Shall I worry about these messages and try and clean-up a little bit, or
what's your advice? Did you actually compile this on Linux, on which
version, which version of GCC, libraries etc.?

Thank you,
Horia