Article delegate-en/1399 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Transparent Proxy & delegate
09 Nov 2001 07:26:30 GMT Attilio Vaccaro <poqcqbdyi-6rjyzcmyjs3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>
Mediterranean Broadband Infrastructure

Thanks for your answer, but I fear that it's not what I'm looking for.

I'd need to send to the SOCKS server all the SOCKSable traffic passing
through the  gateway running delegate, but not directed to this host.

Consider this scenario:

Host A ---
Host B -------->   running ---->Internet <------- SOCKS server
           |       delegate         ^
Host C ---                         |
                                     ---------- www.delegate.org

Host A,B,C belong to a private network and are connected to the Internet
via a gateway (that nats the private network addresses).

When host A wants to go somewhere, for example to www.delegate.org, the
gateway intercepts the packets coming from host A and redirects the
request to the socks server. All this stuff without having to do any
SOCKS setting on host A.

The configuration that you suggested,please correct me if I'm wrong, is
redirecting to the external SOCKS server all the packets arriving to
port 1080 of the gateway.

Any other suggestion?

Attilio