Article delegate-en/128 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Ftp authentication
16 Oct 1998 14:12:26 GMT "Piero Berritta" <plqaabdyi-5bnwhwbfselr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,
can I avoid to set userid and password from a client application, putting
them directly on Delegate command line ?
I mean something like:

..... SERVER=ftp://userid:pass@server_ftp_name:21

or  concatenating Delegates:

..... SERVER=ftp://userid:pass@delegate_ftp_proxy_name:<port>

so that, client ftp shouldn't need to send the authentication paramenters
from command line.
I saw that is possible to do it, with anonymous ftp but I didn't understand
if it is possible with normal authentication.
If not, wich part of code I have to modify to allow delegate using a command
line like the above one ?

Thank you
Ciao

Piero