Article delegate-en/1245 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Question on delegate
23 Jul 2001 05:55:22 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 07/19/01(01:40) you "Glynn Robinson" <p3icabdyi-rcwevebroulr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1242@delegate-en.ML_>
 |All I really want to do is use delegate to translate "news" to "http" so
 |that I can allow people to access
 |news groups via their web browser. It is likely that I will have the
 |news server on the same machine as
 |delegate.
 |
 |I have managed to get the effect I want by running delegate from the
 |command line, specifying the
 |port (8119) and leaving the SERVER parameter blank. When I access
 |http://myhost:8119 I can put in
 |the URL of the news server I want to access and I get almost exactly
 |what I want (I'll need to change icons
 |etc, but I could probably do that by mounting my own).
 |
 |I would just like your advice on what are the "best" parameters to
 |configure and also how I set up a config
 |file and/or allow the whole thing to run as a service (windows 2000).

I can't advice what is the better since I'm not sure about exact
parameters you tried and problems left.
But in general, relaying NNTP on HTTP is achieved like this:

myhost% delegated -P80 SERVER=http MOUNT="/* nntp://myhost/*"

See followings also.
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#serv_NNTP>
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#MSWin>
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#customize>