Article delegate-en/1053 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Mac OS X Server (1.2v3) [aka Rhapsody] still supported platform?
16 Mar 2001 02:31:35 GMT ysato@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 03/16/01(10:49) you y.sato@aist.go.jp (Yutaka Sato) wrote
in <_A1051@delegate-en.ML_>
 | |1+1: E-A: core will be at
 | |/Local/Users/craig/Library/OpenUp/delegate6_1_22_0/delegate6.1.22/src
 | |
 | |However, I wonder if this is speculation, because on the computer in
 | |question the cores end up in the /cores directory (i.e. off the filesystem
 | |root directory).
 |
 |Oh, I've never speculated that a process dumps it's core rather than
 |the working directory...

I found a info. saying this is the very unique feature of MacOSX.

[URL:http://www.omnigroup.com/OldLook/MailArchive/MacOSX-talk/1998/0153.html]
>S-MACH and Rhapsody are actually quite unique in that if the directory
>/cores exists, core files always go there. On "normal" UNIX systems,
>they go into the current working directory, i.e. they may fill up

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_