Article delegate-en/1051 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Mac OS X Server (1.2v3) [aka Rhapsody] still supported platform?
16 Mar 2001 01:49:15 GMT y.sato@aist.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

Hi Craig,

 |> Sorry, I guess the problems are so bad that no core file is produced, even
 |> thought I set the coredumpsize to be unlimited.
 |
 |When it dumps a core, delegate tells me:
 |
 |1+1: E-A: core will be at
 |/Local/Users/craig/Library/OpenUp/delegate6_1_22_0/delegate6.1.22/src
 |
 |However, I wonder if this is speculation, because on the computer in
 |question the cores end up in the /cores directory (i.e. off the filesystem
 |root directory).

Oh, I've never speculated that a process dumps it's core rather than
the working directory...

 |Anyways, I found the core file.  A sample execution of version 6.1.22 of the
 |program, plus the matching stack backtrace, is shown below.  (Details of
 |the OS I am using, etc. are at the very bottom of this followup.)
 |
 |Does this give you any clue as to what the problem is?

Sure! Thank you very much for your detailed information.

 |#4  <signal handler called>
 |#5  0x2d1c8 in indirect_mount ()
 |#6  0x30760 in service_http2 ()
 |#7  0x31a78 in service_httpX ()

The DeleGate died in "http.c:indirect_mount()" function, which was
introduced in the early time to realize a tentative feature, which
is not used nowadays.  I already erased this function in
DeleGate/7.2.0 which will be released soon.

So just erasing the reference to the function in "http.c" may be
enough to fix the problem.

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_

*** ../../delegate7.1.2/src/http.c	Thu Mar  8 16:57:03 2001
--- http.c	Fri Mar 16 11:18:49 2001
***************
*** 4397,4402 ****
--- 4397,4403 ----