Article delegate-en/1044 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problem about DeleGate-Report: SIGSEGV
08 Mar 2001 01:17:35 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

you admin <pcmcabdyi-e6yerofurylr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I'm using DeleGate/7.1.0 on a Slackware 7.1/2.4.2 kernel box (Pentium
 |only problem is when there are SIGSEGV crashes. The DeleGate daemon
 |sends to the mail address which I have included in the config fil a
 |short message telling me about the problem. I'm quite sure that this is
 |not becoause of intrusion. No matter, the DeleGate proxy informs me
 |about the SIGSEGV. But the DeleGate sends me one and the same message
 |about one and the same Pid received SIGSEGV, in on and the same second
 |about 332-338 times!!! And when decide to have a look in my mailbox i
 |get flooded by my own server :). And if there are 4-5 SIGSEGV crasshes
 |for a single day, I receive about 1000-1200 messages in my mailbox. It
 |is not much convinient you see... How to stop this flood in messages?

I can't figure out the situation where DeleGate generates multiple
messages on a single SIGSEGV.  I suppose those message might be
duplicated somewhere during mail delivery, possibly causing ping-pong.

 |Here is one of the mails I'm receiving (the other 331 are the same :))))
 |
 |(1001 is the uid of the delegate user which runs the proccess.)
 |#############################################
 |proxy.nationalradio.bg?SMTP-DeleGate/7.1.0) (delegate@21
 |2.95.175.2)

This received line including "HELO" seems strange.

 |  by proxy.nationalradio.bg with SMTP; 6 Mar 2001 23:44:12 -0000
 |Subject: DeleGate-Report: SIGSEGV
 |From: [1001]@proxy
 |Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 01:44:12 +0200

Could you show me what is the same and what is different between repetitive
messages?

 |Cwd: /var/spool/delegate/work/8080

Even if you are sure the cause of SIGSEGV is a result of intrusion,
I must fix it. I'll appreciate a backtrace of stack frames (by gdb where)
of the core file which will be found at the above directory, and
the relevant log in LOGFILE, if you would send it to me.

Yutaka Sato <ysato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/~ysato/   @ @
Computer Science Division, Electrotechnical Laboratory            ( - )
1-1-4 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568 Japan                  _<   >_