[delegate-en/4550]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] DeleGate as a caching NNTP server
20 Aug 2009 11:38:35 GMT Florent Bautista <pyyiqbdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

I would like to run DeleGate as a caching NNTP server. I mean, it must
have his own cache, and when it does not have the requested ressource in
its cache, it have to ask it to a "master" server.
But DeleGate does not act as I expect...

I use this configuration:

SERVER=nntp://login:password@giganews../
AUTH=none
AUTHORIZER="-cmd{/var/delegate/nntp-auth.sh %U %P}"
CACHE=do
RELIABLE="*"
NNTPCONF=upact:300/150/60
DGROOT=/var/delegate
ADMIN=newsmaster@my-usenet-service..fr

But, every time a client connects to my caching server (DeleGate), this
one ALWAYS connects to "news-europe.giganews.com", even if my client is
not authentified nor asked a ressource !!!
The "ident" message sent to my client is the one of
"news-europe.giganews.com" ("200 News.GigaNews.Com") but not mine
(DeleGate's one).
This behaviour is not really what I expect of "a caching server"...

I used "MOUNT" option in my configuration, but it's exactly the same...

Do you know what I mean ? And do you know how to configure DeleGate to
act as I want (i.e. DeleGate first have to look if it has the asked
ressource (article, list, etc.), and if it does not have it or if the
ressource expired, ask it to "news-europe.giganews.com" in my case) ?

Thank you in advance and thank you for your work on DeleGate!

Sincerely,

--
Florent Bautista