[delegate-en/1037]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to authenticate users?
28 Feb 2001 02:06:28 GMT pbecabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org

> On 02/23/01(13:24) you Del <pbecabdyi.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
> in <_A1033@delegate-en.ML_>
>  |What I want to be able to do is authenticate users before
> their requests
>  |are passed through to the HTTP server, preferably against a
> RADIUS server.
>
> Could you tell me why the authentication must be done at DeleGate
> rather than the target HTTP server ?

Because one of the target HTTP servers does not support authentication.

Because the target HTTP servers are behind a firewall, and I don't
want to authenticate all users coming in to them, only the ones that
_don't_ come in from the local LAN.  So, I want to set up Delegate
as the gateway between the internet and the LAN based HTTP servers,
so that internet users have to authenticate, but LAN users do not.

Thanks for replying.  I have put some more debug code in http.c and
I think I have found a section where the user name is visible from
the HTTP request.  I'm still working on getting authentication working,
though.

Del

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by MailMarshal
http://www.gen-i.co.nz